Short and Medium Term Accommodation
- Annie’s House Accommodation is a four-bedroom, two-bathroom home offering up to three-person accommodation at one time.
- Stays are flexible to your needs from a few hours, overnight, weekends, or up to 2 weeks at a time.
- Annie’s House offers Medium Term Accommodation to clients which are awaiting placement in more permanent accommodation.
- Medium Term Accommodation is funded up to 90 days and must be approved by the NDIA.
- More information about our Short and Medium Term accommodation is available below. Please Contact Us if you would like to discuss further.
Short Term Accommodation (STA)
Annie’s House is open for flexible Respite Care / STA. Inspections are welcome by appointment.
Annie’s House Accommodation is a four-bedroom, two-bathroom home offering up to three-person accommodation at one time. Stays are flexible to your needs from a few hours, overnight, weekends, or up to 2 weeks at a time.
Our service provides respite support for you and your carers/family to enable them to have a break to maintain their caring role. You can use it as a holiday or develop daily living skills and independence away from home and meet new people. We will work with you to achieve your related goals.
Included in the Short Term Accommodation fee are your personal support needs, all meals, and activity costs. We can provide pick-up and delivery to some locations or assist you to organise transport to access our service. Speak to us about how we can assist with transport. Annie’s House has a wheelchair accessible bus.
You will require Short Term Accommodation funding in your NDIS Plan to access this service using your NDIS core funding. The NDIA usually fund up to 28 day per year. You can speak with us to assist you to understand your funding or speak to your Local Area Coordinator or Support Coordinator.
Medium Term Accommodation (MTA)
The NDIA only include MTA in your plan as part of your other home and living support needs. The NDIA generally fund medium term accommodation for up to 90 days. It’s funding for somewhere to live if you can’t move into your long term home because your disability supports aren’t ready.
For example, you might need medium term accommodation while you wait for your home modifications to be completed. Or you’ve already secured a long term home, such as Specialist Disability Accommodation, but you’re waiting for another person to move out before you can move in.
Accommodation features and suggested activities during your stay
Annie’s House Accommodation has standard wheelchair access and is suitable for people with physical disabilities, having a modified accessible bathroom and accessible ramps front and back. We will work with you to accommodate other equipment needs during your stay.
While staying at Annie’s House you can enjoy a relaxed atmosphere in the newly refurbished home and established gardens and join in on activities offered in the local rural communities. The residence is a short walk to the main street of Pittsworth and a 30min drive to Toowoomba. You can also have the choice to attend activities that Toowoomba has to offer.
Annie’s House offers a fee for service for people who do not have NDIS funding and uses the NDIS Price Guide and Policy and Procedure requirements.
Suggested activities you may like to join in on during your stay:
- Community events and markets.
- Cooking, art and craft, sewing, photography, woodwork, gardening
music workshops –Annie’s House has a Pianola. Or listen to your favorite songs/ CDs/ Spotify.
- Site-seeing drives and visits to farms
- Movies, games, computer, tablet, and internet.
- A strong animal theme with resident dog Woody, guineapigs, budgies and fish.
Annie’s House guests will have the choice to attend community activities and events that are on locally and in the surrounding towns. You will be able to choose which events you would like to attend while you stay with us.