Community Access, Group Based Activities and Employment Supports
We assist you to:
- Access the community and personal appointments
- Attend events and functions
- Build and maintain relationships
- Become involved in social groups and outings
- Attend centre based activities
- Go away on Holidays and attend family events
- Participate in work and employment related activities
We can assist you to access the community and join in on community events/functions and groups. Annie’s House also delivers individual social support or in groups of up to 3 people. We can arrange outings and assistance to attend the many activities that the community offers.
Annie’s House can link you to employment supports or support you to participate in your community as a volunteer.
Suggested Activities include;
- Drives – Go for a site-seeing tour of the local area and stop for lunch at one of our local pubs. Or take a picnic lunch and throw the fishing line in. Visit a farm in the Darling Downs.
- Local rodeos, Shows, sporting events, craft festivals, Camp Oven Festival and Sheep Races (Millmerran), car sprints and car displays, concerts, fundraisers, markets, Easter and Christmas functions, ANZAC parade, Saturday morning Park Run, swimming groups during summer and many more.
- Places to visit – The Darling Downs Zoo, Jondaryan Woolshed, Museums and Pioneer Village, Library, Cafes, Op shops and local businesses.
- A trip to the cinema in Toowoomba, visit the gardens of Toowoomba and events.
- Activities in the wider community – Theme Parks, beaches, football games and music concerts.
- Tell us what activities you what like to do and attend.
- Annie’s House will advertise upcoming events on our Facebook and web page
Holidays and family visits
We can support you to organise, budget and attend a holiday or family visit. You will need to have a goal related to this and funds available in your plan. You will also need to pay for your holiday travel , accommodation, food and activities. Your NDIS package can assist you with the support you require to plan and attend. This goal usually takes a lot of planning and budgeting. Talk to us more about how we can assist you with your recreational goals.